5/8/10

About my mom...

If you ever wondered where I got the red shoe fetish from, it's because of my mother who always wanted to buy a pair, but never got a chance to. She was a real working bat, who was always flying around catching bugs for what seemed like the whole town. She sometimes thought my metropolitan tendencies were silly, and often wanted me to just live in the countryside, like the rest of the family. She visited me once, just before she passed away, and I showed her a SoHo clothing store where she took a particular liking to some red shoes. After she died, I decided to always wear red heels in honor of her. My mother and I were never that much alike, but I have to get serious for a moment and tell you without her I haven't been the same bat. So... with that little tidbit shared... tell your mom you love her this mother's day! It's really important and cool to do something thoughtful for her, {especially if she's living far away from you in a tree or in the countryside somewhere}. Love & Lady Fingers, LL

No comments:

Post a Comment