4/30/10

Seriously... what is 'ART' anyway?

As I get older and wiser as a cosmopolitan bat here in the New York area, I find that I know less and less about what 'ART' is. Of course I looked on Wikipedia first to assist my head scratching question, but the first thing it says is that the article is not credible. Of course it's not credible, because as I have learned over and over again, there is no definition. I suppose at a time when it's 'cool' to be an artist, there seems to be an usual number of these chosen people popping up. Readers... I would love, love, did I mention LOVE if you could comment below with your ideas on the subject. Are you annoyed by the modern art, crazy installation, weird stuff on the walls at galleries fad? Annoyed with a paperclip glued a rock that's valued at $5,000 in a NY art gallery? Or do you love that anyone and everyone has the freedom to be considered an 'artist'? I'm curious to know. Love and Limeade, LL

No comments:

Post a Comment